About 32 out of 73 medical frontliners at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) had recovered from COVID-19 while the rest remain asymptomatic and are confined in Cagayan de Oro City´s temporary care facilities.
 
´Those recovered were 14 nurses, eight doctors, five pharmacists, one lab technician and three nursing attendants. Those who had returned to work are six doctors, nine nurses, one lab technician and three pharmacists. Due to these recoveries and even with more than 40 still down with the virus, so far we can still manage our operations as of now,´NMMC liaison officer Dr. Bernard Julius Rocha said.
 
Dr. Rocha thanked the City Health Office for attending to their frontliners in the city´s quarantine facilities. ´We also thank JR Borja General Hospital and the city´s private hospitals for helping decongest NMMC by receiving the bulk of the normal childbirth deliveries in the city and Misamis Oriental that were referred to us,´ Dr. Rocha said during Wednesday noon´s (Oct. 21) press briefing.
 
Dr. Rocha said their in-house investigation showed that their frontliners may have contracted the virus either at their EREID (emerging and reemerging infectious infectious diseases) section where their COVID-19 patients are confined or at the communities where they live.
 
Despite the risks to their health and safety, Dr. Rocha said their frontliners chose to remain at NMMC rather than resign. ´We are trying to protect ourselves and by God´s mercy most of those infected are in stable condition. Our frontliners are saying that a lot of people are depending on us so we have to be here for them otherwise no one will help them,´ Dr. Rocha said.
 
Dr. Nery said the doctors and medical personnel of JR Borja General Hospital are also committed to staying and serving the people of Cagayan de Oro City amid the COVID-19 pandemic. ´Ever since some of their personnel recovered from COVID-19 so far there were no reports of personnel resigning at JRBGH,´ she said.
 
Dr. Nery credited JRBGH for their contingency plans that included protecting their personnel from COVID-19 infection such as assigning a triaging area outside to examine their incoming patients as well as rotating their personnel should any of them get infected and placed in quarantine.
 
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Instead of localized containment, Cagayan de Oro City Hall will focus on intensified monitoring of families living near the COVID-19 patient and his/her direct close contacts, the City Health Office confirmed Tuesday noon (Oct. 20).
 
´The Emergency Operations Cluster (EOC) met with barangay officials and agreed that intensified monitoring by barangay health workers and officials is more effective. We lifted the localized containment sites in Bugo, Puerto and Barangay 22 and will lift three more by the end of this week,´ CHO resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya Jr said during Tuesday noon´s press briefing.
 
Dr. Retuya said they see no need to enforce localized containment once the infected person and his/her direct close contacts are extracted from the area and confined in the city´s temporary treatment and monitoring facilities (TTMF) and city isolation units respectively. ´By immediately extracting those infected and their direct contacts, we ease the community´s anxiety without inconveniencing them,´ he said.
 
Mayor Oscar Moreno said the past few months had shown that the communities where COVID-19 cases have been identified were usually cooperative and responsive to requests from their barangay officials to stay at home for two weeks while their area is monitored for any indicators of local transmission.
 
´Through intensified monitoring, detection and extraction, we isolate those confirmed positive and high risk while not inconveniencing others. Also the city government will continue to provide food relief (to the neighbors staying at home),´ Mayor Moreno said.
 
Mayor Moreno said enforcement of a localized containment is done only when the affected communities are uncooperative. ´I asked Dr. Retuya about this and I see the logic in their move. Why place the entire community under containment if the infected person and his/her direct close contacts are already extracted?,´ Mayor Moreno said.
 
´Subay sa gisolte ni Dr. Retuya ang balay sa positive di man mo-ubo sa tawo sa gawas og kinsa man mopuyo sa balay nila nga gi-isolate na sila (As what Dr. Retuya said the house of a COVID-19 case cannot cough and infect those outside and who would stay there if those infected and high risk are already isolated?). The city is refining its COVID-19 response to maximize its resources and unburden our police and frontliners who are already working beyond their limits,´ Mayor Moreno said.
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
 
Hello, mga higala ania ang mga lakang sa pagrequest og disinfection alang sa inyong opisina/organizations/tunghaan/eskwelahan/barangay.
 
Alang sa dugang pangutana, mahimo nga motawag ani nga mga numero:
 
Textline: 0917-7913-667/ 0955-4353-999
Hotline: (088) - 880 -4994
 
 
Published in News and Article
Cagayan de Oro City residents should not be apathetic and depend solely on City Hall and the city´s frontliners to protect them from COVID-19, a top City Hall official said Monday (Oct. 19).
 
´Bisag unsaon himoon sa City Hall, bisan unsaon sakripisyo gihimo sa atong frontliners, kon ang pananaw sa atong mga katawhan mao na ang ´siyudad na bahala´, di layo mahitabo nga matakdan di lang ang frontliners kon dili matag usa sa ila og sa ato og atong silingan (Whatever City Hall does, whatever sacrifices were made by our frontliners, if the prevailing view of our people is that ´let the city take care of it´, it won´t be far fetched to see not only our frontliners but them and us and our neighbors being infected by COVID-19),´said Oliver Egypto, Office of Community Affairs chief.
 
In a weekly message during Monday morning´s flag-raising ceremony and program Egypto, who also heads the Local Governance Cluster of City Hall´s Emergency Operations Center (EOC), said they met several times with the city´s homeowners associations online to work out strategies to ensure compliance of minimum health protocols by their member homeowners.
 
He said based on City Health Office data, the local transmission of COVID-19 starts at the homes, where families come into close contact with each other and with friends through meals and parties without disinfecting and observing physical distancing.
 
´Ato rin atimanon ang private sector kay di lang nato priority ang public health kun dili ang panginabuhian na kinahanglan balansehan nato sa pagluwas sa atong kalawasan. Kay atong kinahanglan kooperasyon sa matag usa aron atong ma-maximize ang atong resources hangtod sa kanusa mahuman ning COVID-19 pandemya (Let´s also take care of the private sector because we are not only prioritizing public health but our livelihood which should be balanced with protecting our health. We need everyone´s cooperation so we can maximize our resources until the time that COVID-19 pandemic ends),´ Egypto said.
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
A 106-year-old male resident of Barangay Lumbia, Cagayan de Oro City is confirmed as the oldest survivor of COVID-19 in the city after spending one month recovering from the virus, the City Health Office (CHO) confirmed Tuesday noon (Oct. 20).
 
´Despite having some comorbidities, this 106-year-old male resident managed to have himself admitted early in a private hospital and then transferred to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) after testing positive for COVID-19. He was then moved to one of the city´s temporary treatment and monitoring facilities (TTMF) where he completed his recovery by testing negative and being discharged last Oct. 18,´ CHO resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya Jr. said.
 
However, Dr. Retuya said during Tuesday noon´s press briefing that the octogenarian´s survival should not be cause for city residents to drop their guard and compliance to minimum health protocols. He said based on the COVID-19 range of symptoms, a person´s survival and recovery rate is drastically lower when he or she has comorbidities or underlying illnesses especially respiratory diseases.
 
´As what City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery reported Cagayan de Oro recorded 847 recoveries out of its cumulative total of 1,278 COVID-19 cases so far or about 66.2 percent recovery rate. If we are to count only local COVID-19 cases we recorded 508 recoveries out of a cumulative total of 931 local cases or about 54.6 percent,´ Dr. Retuya said.
 
Dr. Retuya said they have yet to confirm if the 106-year-old male Lumbia resident is the oldest COVID-19 survivor in the country. ´Let´s not be complacent because based on health data about 70 or 80 percent of the COVID-19 deaths in the country involve infected comorbidities. It doesn´t mean that you cannot survive but your chances of survival and recovery are lower than those with no comorbidities,´ he said.
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno said Tuesday noon (Oct. 20) that he will recommend and state his position to the regional Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for a status quo on the existing restrictions on public movement in the city and northern Mindanao.
 
´I understand there´s a regional IATF meeting tomorrow (Oct. 21). We understand what´s happening in Manila and we´re happy with that but we cannot ignore the situation on the ground in Cagayan de Oro City and in northern Mindanao where local COVID-19 cases rose by more than 60 percent,´ Mayor Moreno said during Tuesday noon´s press briefing.
 
In her daily update on the city´s COVID-19 cases, City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said Cagayan de Oro recorded 25 new cases of which 11 are new or local index cases, one APOR (authorized person outside residence), 13 involve persons with exposure to close contacts of previous cases. She said the latest numbers raised the cumulative total of COVID-19 cases so far to 1,278 of which 374 are active or ongoing cases.
 
Of the 374 active cases, about 30 are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC), 337 are confined at the city´s temporary treatment and monitoring facilities (TTMFs) along with seven returning Kagay-anons. But Dr. Neri said the city also recorded 19 new recoveries as of 10 pm of Oct. 19, raising the total number of recoveries to 847 out of the 1,278 cumulative COVID-19 cases.
 
´Right now our priorities are to contain the spread of the virus because the COVID-19 rate of infection is exponential. We saw what happened to Iligan City weeks before they were placed under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ). So our non-pharmaceutical interventions right now like is contract tracing and isolation must be aggressive along with our testing,´ Mayor Moreno said.
 
While saying that he has no problems with the national government lifting restrictions on outbound travel on areas under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) subject to stringent mandatory compliance to health protocols, Mayor Moreno said opening the country´s economy amid the pandemic should be calibrated.
 
´We all want our economy to grow and recover from the slowdown. But real growth of our economy should be sustainable and resilient (amid the pandemic). If it isn´t sustainable, then the economy will collapse and everything will be affected and it will be harder to recover. So we should ensure our fundamentals and one of these is protecting our public health,´ Mayor Moreno said.
 
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Tuesday, 20 October 2020 14:07

SAHAR INTERNATIONAL TRADING INC. DONATION

MIDAWAT og 50 ka test kits ang LGU-CDO pinaagi sa City General Services Office ubos ni CGSO Head Eldie Daayata, bag-ohay lamang, ning siyudad.

Published in News and Article
Tuesday, 20 October 2020 13:39

OPLAN DISIPLINA MUNA @ CARMEN MKT

Personnel of Police Station 4 Carmen and city's Disiplina Muna Advocacy Team sustained its operation against improper and non-wearing of face mask and social distancing around Carmen market area.
 
The team also distributed face masks aside from conducting information and enforcement campaign.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Aktibong misalmot ang mga Barangay Information Officers, chairpersons sa Committee on Health sa barangay council ug Barangay Health Emergency and Response Teams (BHERTS) sa ikaduhang hugna sa seminar kabahin sa Risk Communication and Community Engagement on COVID19, Oktubre 19 ning tuig.
 
Ang maong capacity building activity gipanguluhan sa City Health Office nga nagtinguha nga mapalapdan ang kahibalo sa mga BIOs ug BHERTs aron mas epektibong makahatag og hustong impormasyon kalabot sa COVID-19 diha sa komunidad.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Page 10 of 56