Cagayan de Oro records 68 highest recovery in a day today, November 5; 49 are persons deprived of liberty, 15 local cases, 1 local APOR and 3 LSIs.

Published in News and Article
Thursday, 05 November 2020 09:56

Moreno: San Simon facility site can house NMMC

When it opens in late November, the emerging and reemerging infectious diseases (EREID) facility in Barangay San Simon, Cagayan de Oro City will focus on serving the city’s COVID-19 patients.

But Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno said Wednesday noon (Nov. 4) that the five hectare area where the facility sits on can be developed into something bigger and better for the city and its neighbors in Northern Mindanao. ‘Would (the facility site in) San Simon be a good relocation area, a new site for the new Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) or something like that,’ Mayor Moreno said.

‘The property where the NMMC is presently located had been donated by the province to NMMC and the donation is absolute to my recollection...the transfer certainly cannot be done next year or the year after that, it all depends on existing conditions. But it is the national government that would handle (the NMMC transfer) in collaboration with the Capitol with support from City Hall,’ Mayor Moreno said during Wednesday noon’s press briefing.

Looking ahead, Mayor Moreno said the NMMC should relocate since the costs of maintaining its operations would be more expensive. ‘The hospital (and its support facilities) are expanding vertically, not horizontally due to its limited area and it cannot grow and develop vertically (without reaching maximum capacity),’ Mayor Moreno said.

Mayor Moreno said the EREID facility can become the ‘seed’ or foundation from which the NMMC can build a modern health complex that can serve Cagayan de Oro and Northern Mindanao. ‘All cities in Northern Mindanao are located 500 kilometers away from Cagayan de Oro...this is not for today but for the future. I won’t be here by then but we can plant the seed now,’ Mayor Moreno said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article

While they have yet to finalize their list, the City Health Office said Wednesday (Nov. 4) that Polymedic Medical Plaza received the most number of mild to asymptomatic COVID-19 cases in Cagayan de Oro City so far.

‘We assigned Dr. Ted Yu to secure updates on the patient admissions of private hospitals but if we are to base on our daily press briefings, Polymedic Medical Plaza received the most number of mild to asymptomatic COVID-19 patients. We will confirm the numbers after Dr. Yu submits them to us,’ acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said in Wednesday noon’s (Nov. 4) press briefing.

Dr. Nery disclosed this a day after saying that the CHO is monitoring the COVID-19 case admissions of private hospitals which were tapped by the Department of Health (DOH-10) to assist in the confinement of asymptomatic, mild to moderate COVID-19 patients. Both Polymedic Medical Plaza and Maria Reyna Hospital-Xavier University (MRHXU) have COVID-19 testing facilities.

As the main COVID-19 referral hospital, Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) will continue to accept severe to critical COVID-19 cases while the city´s temporary treatment monitoring facilities (TTMFs), JR Borja General Hospital and private hospitals will accept mild to moderate COVID-19 cases.

In her daily updates, Dr. Nery said about 579 COVID-19 patients remain confined in the city’s seven TTMFs while 470 close contacts to previous and current COVID-19 patients were confined at the city’s CIUs. The timely release of swab test results allowed for timely discharge of patients and adequate room in the city’s TTMFs and CIUs, Dr. Nery said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article

The Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases (EREID) facility being built in Barangay San Simon is projected to be completed late this November, acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said Wednesday (Nov. 4).

‘I was told by Dr. William Bernardo (City Health Insurance Office chief) that work on the facility is being done 24/7. We will also check the biosafety laboratory level 2 because our contractors told us that it will be finished within the month so the lab and the facility may be finished at the same time,’ Dr. Nery said during Wednesday noon’s press briefing.

The EREID facility has a 75-bed capacity and is designed in coordination with the Department of Health (DOH) and the Infectious Diseases Department of the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) to receive mild to asymptomatic COVID-19 patients. The bio-safety level 2 laboratory will house the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) machines for COVID-19 testing.

Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno said it will be up to the City Health Office (CHO) to discuss with DOH, NMMC and the JR Borja General Hospital to study the involvement of the city’s private hospitals in the project. ‘The idea here is for the private hospitals to have a sense of co-ownership of the project. We need to work together and I hope we can fine-tune the arrangement on this,’ Mayor Moreno said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article

Cagayan de Oro logs 44 new cases today, November 4, 2020; 26 are persons deprived of liberty or inmates, 8 are local cases and 5 are with close contacts...

Published in News and Article

Rather than exposing their modules under sunlight for one week to disinfect them of COVID-19, Cagayan de Oro City teachers were advised to disinfect their hands or use gloves when handling these school materials.

‘One time nag storya mi sa (I talked with the) teachers along with (Department of Education) City Schools Superintendent Cherry Mae Limbaco and one of the questions asked by the teachers is whether they can disinfect their modules by exposing them to sunlight for one week and I told them surely they don’t need to do that. What if there’s no sunlight, what would they do then?’ City Health Office (CHO) resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya said.

Dr. Retuya said this practice of exposing the modules for one week had been going on for sometime and is done after the parents returned the modules to the teachers for checking. ‘If we think that the modules are infected or contaminated then we will disinfect. We don’t need to expose these school materials to sunlight, it would be a waste of time. But to make sure, the teachers should sanitize their hands,’ he said.

The Department of Education (DepEd) had distributed modules to schoolchildren nationwide as part of its distance learning initiative due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Families with WiFi connection can also download these school materials online.

Dr. Retuya also assured the teachers that the city government will pay for their swab tests should any of them fall ill or display COVID-19 like symptoms. ‘I told them that yes, the Cagayan de Oro City government will pay for their tests because the city is supportive of them. Without them, there won’t be any professionals anywhere in the world,’ he said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article

With Cagayan de Oro City’s private hospitals now accepting mild to asymptomatic COVID-19 patients, City Hall is monitoring their admissions and including them in their daily updates to the public, the City Health Office said Tuesday (Nov. 3).

‘Kita mismo nangita og proactively nag reach out sa tanang (On our initiative we proactively reach out to all the) private hospitals by contacting their infections control officers who give daily updates on their admissions and their deaths. We assigned Dr. Ted Yu to coordinate with them,’ acting City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said during Tuesday noon’s press briefing.

The daily updates given by private hospitals help the city’s health surveillance efforts which are part of its COVID-19 response programs, Dr. Neri said. All information mandated by Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 on the patients are kept private, Mayor Oscar Moreno said.

‘The patients are referred to by their case numbers not their names and we disclose only their health status as reported by government and private hospitals in the city to CHO. But definitely their data will be reflected on the Department of Health (DOH) daily tracker,’ said CHO resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya Jr. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

 

Published in News and Article

The City Health Office (CHO) will focus on tracking down the close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases in City Hall as it emphasized that the officials and employees contracted the virus outside and not at their offices.

‘Ang dunay naa close contacts ang atong gitanaw og di ta makaingon nga diha gikan sa ilang tagsa-tagsa opisina (We are looking at the close contacts and we cannot say that it came from their respective offices). Based on each of their respective case histories, they didn’t contract the virus from their offices but from their communities,’ CHO resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya said.

During last Tuesday’s (Nov. 3) flag-raising ceremony and program Office of Community Affairs chief Oliver Egypto said there were trolls in social media who made false claims of a COVID-19 outbreak in City Hall. One such false post that appeared in Facebook warned the public to avoid conducting transactions at City Hall lest they be infected with COVID-19.

City Hall employees and officials along with their loved ones who tested positive for COVID-19 were quarantined at the city’s seven temporary treatment monitoring facilities (TTMFs), Dr. Retuya said. ‘If there was an outbreak at City Hall’s offices, there would have more employees and officials infected but that’s not the case here,’ Dr. Retuya said during Saturday noon’s (Oct. 31) press briefing.

Dr. Retuya said non-pharmaceutical interventions like plastic barriers, disinfection and wearing of face masks and face shields along with physical distancing on the employees and department heads are mandated and complied with at City Hall’s offices. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article
Wednesday, 04 November 2020 09:32

DISIPLINA MUNA ADVOCACY TEAM @ COGON MKT

Sa kanunay ang Disiplina Muna Advocacy Team uban sa kapulisan sa Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo) ug Roads and Traffic Administration (RTA) nagpahinumdum sa katawhan sa insakto nga pagsul-ob sa face mask ug pagtuman sa social distancing aron dili mataptan sa COVID-19 ilabina nga nagsaka ang local cases sa syudad.

Subling gilibot sa team ang merkado sa Cogon karong hapon Nob. 3, diin anaa ang bagang duot sa katawhan gumikan kay anaa usab nahimutang ang nagkadaiyang mga establisimento.

Published in News and Article

Cagayan de Oro City Hall will ensure that every discharged COVID-19 patient will have a negative test result if only to assure the patient’s family and neighbors that he or she is COVID-19 free, Mayor Oscar Moreno said Tuesday (Nov. 3).

‘I understand that the Department of Health (DOH) has this time-bound, symptoms-based strategy that expedites the discharge of COVID-19 patients after completing two weeks of quarantine. But I still believe that the community and the patient’s loved ones will be more comforted if the patient carries test results showing that he or she is COVID-19 free,’ Mayor Moreno said during Tuesday noon’s press briefing.

City Health Office (CHO) resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya earlier confirmed that they met with the city’s barangay health workers and barangay risk communication officers to discuss the time and symptom based strategy adopted by the Department of Health (DOH) based on protocols as set by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The DOH time and symptoms-based strategy allows the discharge of patients without conducting secondary confirmatory tests so long as the patient completed 10 days of quarantine without incurring fever or any symptoms and he or she finishes the remaining four days of quarantine at home. ‘We in the city government adopted a conservative approach (on discharging our patients),’ Mayor Moreno said.

‘It’s easy for us to adopt the time and symptoms based approach since Cagayan de Oro City would have registered a much higher recovery rate. But Dr. Retuya wants to be sure and I agree with him so we wait and make sure that the patient tests negative using RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction). The expenses will be worth it,’ Mayor Moreno said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article
Page 4 of 56