While he has no problems with the Department of Health’s (DOH) time and symptoms based policy in the discharge of recovering COVID-19 patients, Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno prefers waiting for confirmatory negative test results.
 
‘We’ve been aware for sometime about the DOH time-based and symptoms based policy that allows the discharge of recovering patients but we are still adopting the conservative view on waiting for the conclusive test results and the certification from doctors showing that the patient is COVID-19 free,’ Mayor Moreno said during Friday noon’s (Nov. 6) press briefing.
 
Mayor Moreno said this as City Health Office (CHO) resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya Jr. confirmed last week that their office sought DOH assistance for training barangay information officers and health personnel on risk communication in the dissemination of the time-based and symptoms-based strategy to the public.
 
The DOH time and symptoms-based strategy allows the discharge of patients without conducting secondary confirmatory tests so long as the patient completed 10 days of quarantine without incurring fever or any symptoms and he or she finishes the remaining four days of quarantine at home. ‘If the situation makes it necessary to adopt that strategy, then we’ll do that,’ Mayor Moreno said.
 
Mayor Moreno said adopting the DOH policy will also depend largely on the patient and his/her family. ‘But what we are after is the doctor’s certification that the patient tested negative for COVID-19 since that is conclusive proof. Yet the DOH is arguing that with the passage of time, asymptomatic to mild patients can fully recover and not infect others and they have scientific basis for that. That’s okay,’ Mayor Moreno said.
 
Published in News and Article
With the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) scheduled to discuss a proposed nationwide ban on Christmas caroling, Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Oscar Moreno called on the elders to ‘find ways’ to cheer up their kids during the holidays.
 
‘Di man puede mag-caroling ang mga bata kay naa man COVID-19. Maayo unta ang maninoy mangita pamaagi nga mohatag sa ilang (godchildren) (Children cannot go caroling because there is still COVID-19. It’s better for the elders to find ways to give to their godchildren). It’s up to us to find ways for the children to enjoy Christmas just like we did when we were young despite the restrictions,’ Mayor Moreno said.
 
Mayor Moreno said the Christmas lighting ceremony at Gaston Park and City Hall will still be held even with the COVID-19 health protocols in effect. ‘That’s why we should have something to look forward to and the motivation to work for in lowering our local COVID-19 cases. If we significantly lower our cases, who knows we may even relax our curfew hours with some safeguards still in place of course,’ Mayor Moreno said.
 
In supporting the proposed nationwide ban on Christmas caroling by Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba of Luzon which gained support from Metro Manila mayors, IATF chief implementor Carlito Galvez Jr. said it’s the local government’s prerogative to decide whether or not to allow this activity since they know the situation in their respective areas best.
 
‘What’s important is that even with the easing of restrictions, we want people to still be fully aware and cautious of the risks posed by COVID-19. At the end of the day, the government cannot dictate but at best only guide the people. It is the people who will decide (to follow the government’s guidance in protecting themselves from COVID-19) because it is for their common good,’ Mayor Moreno said.
 
 
 
Published in News and Article
Another week had passed and Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) is still seeing the continued plateauing or leveling off of severe COVID-19 cases, an NMMC official said Friday noon (Nov. 5).
 
‘Based on data we gathered, the mean positivity rate for COVID-19 cases for the Oct. 29 to Nov. 4 period went down from 8.3 to 6.5 percent and it had been consistently going down (for the past few days). This means that about 6.5 out of 100 patients turn out (COVID-19) positive,’ said Dr. Gina Itchon, chief of NMMC’s Research and Development Department.
 
In her weekly assessment report during Friday noon’s press briefing, Dr. Itchon said the growth curve of COVID-19 case admissions showed that while they recorded 182 cases last October or 31 more cases than last September, ‘it’s not as worse’ as last September when NMMC registered 151 cases or more than quadruple of last August’s number of 35 COVID-19 case admissions, Dr. Itchon said.
 
‘It’s in September where we definitely saw the surge of COVID-19 cases and as of Nov. 4, we recorded 22 COVID-19 case admissions. We are hoping that we continue to see the plateauing of cases for this month,’ Dr. Itchon said. Both she and NMMC liaison officer Dr. Bernard Julius Rocha also credited the private hospitals for easing the load on NMMC by accepting mild to asymptomatic cases.
It’s true and we are thankful to the private hospitals for helping us though as the main COVID-19 referral hospital in Cagayan de Oro City and northern Mindanao, we accept severe to critical COVID-19 cases and more often than not, patients choose to be admitted to NMMC and we cannot turn them away,’ Dr. Rocha said.
 
 
 
Published in News and Article

USA ka dry run ang ipahigayon karong Lunes, Nobyembre 9 alayon sa paggamit sa ‘Higala App’ sa tanang mga kawani sa city hall.

Tungod niini, giaghat ni acting city administrator Teddy Sabuga-a Jr. ang tanang mga kawani sa syudad nga magparehistro sa ‘Higala App’ aron maka-imprinta sa QR code ug gamiton uban sa nametag.

Ang QR code scanning ipahigayon sa mga personahe sa Civil Security Unit ug safety officers sa dili pa mosulod sa city hall, lakip mga satellite offices, tanang buhatan ug departamento sa city hall.

Gilusad ang 'Higala App' sa tuyo nga mahimong paspas ug mas epektibo ang contact tracing measures dinhi sa dakbayan, ug usab makalikay ang matag indibidwal sa paggunit sa papel ug ballpen kung magsulat sa contact tracing forms tungod kay posible kining mataptan sa virus.

Published in News and Article

Specific conditions and settings should be met to justify the quarantine and testing of persons for COVID-19, an infectious diseases specialist of the Department of Health (DOH-10) regional office said Thursday (Nov. 5).

‘The DOH outlined these setting-specific pathways through which COVID-19 can be transmitted including the close contacts of those that confirmed as COVID-19 infected. These will guide the public into conducting their own self-assessment to see for themselves if they meet this criteria (and know if and when they need medical attention),’ DOH-10 infectious diseases cluster chief Dr. Ian Christian Gonzales said during Thursday noon’s press briefing.

The DOH earlier set the criteria for its targeted testing of COVID-19 cases by prioritizing patients, their close contacts and medical frontliners who deal directly with COVID-19 patients. Lately the DOH adapted the time-based and symptoms-based strategy that doesn’t require repeat testing for patients after they completed their two-week quarantine.

‘Those that are asymptomatic will be quarantined in isolation units and undergo RT-PCR (reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction) swab tests only if they manifest symptoms. Those that display COVID-19 symptoms will be quarantined in temporary treatment monitoring facilities (TTMFs) and designated hospitals,’ Dr. Gonzales said.

In both asymptomatic and symptomatic cases, contact tracing of close contacts of COVID-19 patients will be done to prevent outbreaks while patients will be released after they completed two weeks of quarantine or earlier if they test negative on the 10th day of quarantine after which they will completer their four days of quarantine at home. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

 

Published in News and Article

GIKONPIRMA ni Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya, city epidemiologist, nga maghatag sila og orientation sa mga barangay kapitan sa Cagayan de Oro kabahin sa 'time-based' COVID19 recovery karong Nobyembre 10 ning tuig.

Sumala ni Dr. Retuya mohatag og technical assistance ang Department of Health Region 10 sa City Health Office sa pagpasabot sa mga kapitanes kabahin sa istratehiya sa DOH kalabot sa time-based recovery, diin usa sa speaker si Dr. Ian Christian Gonzales, hepe sa Infectious Diseases Cluster sa DOH-10.

Subay sa 'time-based' recovery, dili na kinahanglan nga ipaubos sa second swab o’ repeat real time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test ang usa ka confirmed COVID-19 positive ug mahimo nang ideklara nga 'recovered' kung natapos na ang required nga isolation period ug wala nay sintomas.

Apan giklaro ni Dr. Retuya nga sa pagkakaron wala pa hingpit nga gipatuman kini sa syudad. Gani, kagahapong adlawa natala ang pinakataas nga recoveries sa syudad nga anaa sa 68 diin pulos kini nag-negatibo sa repeat RT-PCR test ug dili 'time-based' recoveries.

 

Published in News and Article

PADAYON ang kampanya sa lokal nga kagamhanan alang sa pagrehistro ug paggamit sa 'Higala App' nga gilusad sa tuyo nga mahimong paspas ug mas epektibo ang contact tracing measures dinhi sa dakbayan.

Pinaagi sa maong cellphone application, mahimong ma-contact trace ang mga indibidwal kinsa mibisita, mipalit o mikaon sa lain-laing mga lugar hilabina sa mga establisemento.

Tumong usab sa pagpatuman sa maong application nga makalikay ang matag indibidwal sa paggunit sa papel ug ballpen kung magsulat sa contact tracing forms kay kini posibleng adunay 'fomites'.

Gihingusgan karon sa syudad nga mogamit ang katawhan sa Higala App aron dali nga mailhan ang mga close contacts sa Covid-19 positive patients. (SPP)

LINK:
https://higala.cagayandeoro.gov.ph/

Published in News and Article
Friday, 06 November 2020 09:17

DIALOGUE & CONSULTATION

To ensure that minimum public health protocols and IATF guidelines are strictly followed, city's Disiplina Muna Advocacy Team, Regulatory Compliance Board (RCB), and personnel of Police Station 5 Macabalan of Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo) held a dialogue with the management and tenants of Lifestyle District as it re-open its restaurants and other food establishments the other night.

 

Published in News and Article
Thursday, 05 November 2020 16:02

CdeO registers 68 recoveries, 28 new cases

About 68 persons recovered from COVID-19 in Cagayan de Oro City, marking the single highest number of recoveries in one day so far, the City Health Office (CHO) confirmed Thursday (Nov. 5).

‘About 49 of those recoveries were persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) while five non-city residents also recovered,’ CHO resident epidemiologist Dr. Teodulfo Joselito Retuya said during Thursday noon’s press briefing.

The 68 recoveries raised to 1,142 the total cumulative number of recoveries from COVID-19 in Cagayan de Oro City or about 63.79 percent recovery rate as of 10 pm of Nov. 4, City Health Officer Dr. Lorraine Nery said. The city also registered 28 new COVID-19 cases that consist of 11 local cases with links to previous cases, nine local index or new cases and eight authorized persons outside residence (APORs).

These numbers raised the total cumulative COVID-19 cases in Cagayan de Oro City to 1,790 so far of which 574 are active or ongoing cases, Dr. Nery said. About 36 out of the 574 active COVID-19 cases are admitted at the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) and other hospitals in the city while 517 local and 21 arrivals are quarantined at the city’s temporary treatment and monitoring facilities (TTMFs).

Cagayan de Oro City’s COVID-19 death toll still stands at 74 or a case fatality rate of 4.13 percent, Dr. Nery said. ‘Most of the recoveries were confined at the city’s TTMFs and they were either asymptomatic or experienced mild symptoms that they didn’t need to be confined at the NMMC. The recovered PDLs are in their 20s to 40s and there were few above 50. All of them tested negative of COVID-19,’ Dr. Retuya said.

Despite sustaining the city’s high recovery rate of COVID-19 cases, Mayor Oscar Moreno said the city government’s priorities remain to be containing and stopping the COVID-19 spread and accelerating the recovery rate. ‘Based on data, September and October registered the highest number of COVID-19 cases with Cagayan de Oro averaging double digits on a daily basis,’ Mayor Moreno said.

‘Grabe paningkamot gyod sa siyudad og sa private hospitals sa pag-atimanon sa atong COVID-19 cases og kinahanglan lang gyod magtinabangay ta sa pagpugong sa virus (The city government worked so hard along with the private hospitals in handling our COVID-19 cases and we need everyone’s support in stopping the COVID-19 spread),’. Mayor Moreno said. #AntiCOVID19 #COVID19WatchCDO #LGUCDOcampaign #Yourgovernmentatwork #Kaabag #Hapsay #CDOCityHallCollaboration #TheBiggerPictureForCDO #NagkahiusaBatokCOVID-19

Published in News and Article
Page 3 of 56